Click here to pre-order from Amazon
A new 14 song collection by pop music legend Paul Anka, Duets, is set for release April 9 2013 through Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. The release coincides with the in-store date for Anka’s long awaited life story, “My Way: An Autobiography”, co-written with David Dalton and published by St. Martins Press.
In his 55th year as a performer, Paul Anka is a national treasure writing all his own hits which include “Diana,” “You Are My Destiny,” “Lonely Boy,” “Put Your Head On My Shoulder,” “Puppy Love”, and taking control of his business career (producing, buying and owning his master recordings, a practice he still employs today). Anka wrote the all-time classic “My Way” (recorded by everyone from Sinatra to Sid Vicious), and co-wrote Michael Jackson’s posthumous single, “This Is It.” Anka also penned “She’s A Lady” for Tom Jones and the instrumental theme song for The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson. He is among Billboard magazine’s Top 25 most successful recording artists, putting him alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles.
Duets presents collaborations with a ‘Who’s Who’ of entertainment royalty, including brand new vocal recordings with Michael Bublé (“Pennies From Heaven”) and Leon Russell (“I Really Miss You”).
Other duet partners include “Do I Love You (Yes, In Every Way)” with Dolly Parton, “This Is It” with Michael Jackson, “Think I’m In Love Again” with Gloria Estefan, “Crazy” with Willie Nelson, “You Are My Destiny” with Patti LaBelle, “Les Filles de Paris” with jazz trumpeter Chris Botti, “It’s Hard To Say Goodbye” with Celine Dion, “She’s A Lady” with Tom Jones, “Hold Me ‘Til The Morning Comes” with Peter Cetera, and “My Way” with Frank Sinatra.
One track actually features a trio vocal performance, Anka singing “Walk A Fine Line” with George Benson and Michael McDonald.
Finally, there is “Find My Way Back To Your Heart,” a new composition sung by Anka with background vocals contributed by singer Tita Hutchison, and produced by Michael Thompson and Paul Anka.
As Anka addresses the listener in his liner notes: “I am proud of what you are about to hear, and I am grateful to those of you out there who continue to show an interest in every body of work that I create. I have always said that success has many fathers and I thank everyone who has made this venture possible; it is always a team effort.”
Duets by Paul Anka
1. Walk A Fine Line – with George Benson and Michael McDonald (B)
2. Find My Way Back To Your Heart – sung by Paul Anka, background vocal by Tita Hutchison (A)
3. Do I Love You (Yes, In Every Way) – with Dolly Parton (B)
4. This Is It – with Michael Jackson (B)
5. I Really Miss You – with Leon Russell (A)
6. Think I’m In Love Again – with Gloria Estefan (B)
7. Pennies From Heaven – with Michael Bublé (A)
8. Crazy – with Willie Nelson (B)
9. You Are My Destiny – with Patti LaBelle (C)
10. Les Filles de Paris – with Chris Botti (B)
11. It’s Hard To Say Goodbye – with Celine Dion (C)
12. She’s A Lady – with Tom Jones (C)
13. Hold Me ‘Til the Morning Comes – with Peter Cetera (C)
14. My Way – with Frank Sinatra (B)
(A) Brand new recording.
(B) New version. Features either new vocals or new musical instrumentation.
(C) Previously appeared on the 1998 album A Body Of Work.